Saturday, April 02, 2011

Beyond Best Evidence - IndieGoGo campaign has launched


The fundraising campaign for Beyond Best Evidence: The UFO Enigma, launched today. A co-production between Tim Binnall and yours truly, the film is a sequel to my 2007 documentary Best Evidence: Top 10 UFO Sightings.

You can read about the campaign, and contribute, at our IndieGoGo page. We've offered various "perks" at the different levels which we hope folks will find worthwhile.

A couple of quick notes.

1. In the "Universe" and "Multiverse" levels, you'll see reference to my forthcoming book, The Other Side of Truth. Several months ago I finally decided that if my good pal Nick Redfern can write a book every other month, then the least that I could do would be write one book about my last ten years filming and researching various aspects of the paranormal. Part memoir, part investigative journal, and part no-holds-barred behind-the-scenes "tell-all", it will be available at the beginning of 2012.

2. In case anyone is wondering, it costs money to make a good documentary. The IndieGoGo campaign is only one part of the financing for a film that will come in at just over CAD $100,000, when all is said and done. We're committed to making the best film that we can.

3. All net profits earned by my company, Redstar Films, from the sale of the film after it's done will be donated to the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of Canada, a charitable cause near and dear to me. Just in case anyone was wondering.

4. I'll be posting various updates here throughout both the fundraising and then the filmmaking process. Some will be serious; some, like "Pitch Imperfect" will be anything but serious. That's because while I take my work seriously, I never take myself seriously.

And that, as they say, is that. Thanks to anyone who feels inclined to contribute, at any level. If you think this is a worthwhile project, Tim and I would also appreciate it if you could help spread the word to your friends, family, and anyone else you think might be interested in the film.

Keep your eyes to the sky, and your mind open!

Paul Kimball


No comments: