Wednesday, March 29, 2006

April Poll - Prelude III

The next instalment in our prelude series features Mac Tonnies and actress Natalie Portman, of Star Wars and V for Vendetta.

I just got back from seeing V for Vendetta - what a powerful, moving, heart-stopping film - it's a must-see for everyone, whether you like sci-fi or not (one wonders how much of it may soon be sci-fact). Portman is excellent in the film, as is Stephen Rea as the cop who finds his conscience, and Stephen Fry as a subversive television host, but it is Hugo Weaving as "V" who stands out - we never once see his face, and yet his voice alone, and how he uses the language, makes him the most compelling "super-hero" character I have ever seen (and I say that as a HUGE fan of Batman, especially Christopher Nolan's recent version).

But I digress...

We are approaching April 1st, or, as I like to call it, poll day.

Stay tuned.

Paul Kimball

1 comment:

Mac said...

Natalie Portman? OK, now we're talking.